Details on the Top 5
Orange County Pediatricians
As a mom, there are few things more stressful than when your child is sick. It is easy to imagine the worst… which is why it is crucial to be connected to a pediatric center that you trust.
If you are looking for an Orange County Pediatrician, you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss what to look for in a pediatrician, who that CHOC is, and all of the need-to-know details of Orange County pediatricians near you.
What to Look for in an Orange County Pediatrician
Regardless of where you live, selecting your pediatrician is a crucial decision! Here are some questions to consider:
- Have I taken the time to see their credentials and experience?
- Do they allow me to ask questions?
- Do I feel like they are listening when I speak to them?
- Will my child feel comfortable opening up to them, both now and in the future?
- Is their office close to where we live?
- What are their hours?
- What are their policies and procedures in case of an emergency?
- How many physicians work at the facility?
What is Children’s Healthcare of Orange County?
Children’s Health of Orange County (CHOC) is a system of healthcare facilities, offices, and clinics that operate under the same standards of morals and ethics to ensure that children across Orange County are receiving a consistent, highly-regulated level of care.
Most of the following pediatric offices are part of the CHOC, which means that, while each is unique in detail, they are all highly-respected offices that have already been analyzed to ensure high-quality care.
Top 5 Orange County Pediatricians
- 17 practicing physicians
- Offices located in Alisa Viejo, Laguna Hills, Irvine, and San Clemente
- Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM-5 PM.
- Emergency Hours available by appointment on Saturdays, 9 AM- 1 PM
- Offers prenatal “get acquainted” meetings, to ease the transition to their office once your baby arrives (if you are a new parent)
- Part of the CHOC network
- Have a ‘Sick kid” and “Well Visit” as separate offices since the pandemic started.
Sea View Pediatrics is my personal choice to take my children. Testimonials for this pediatric clinic as a whole are overwhelmingly positive, with praise for several doctors being shared across several social media platforms. Specific reviews expressed that patients felt “listened to”, they were “impressed with the patience of the reception staff”, and they were grateful for “low waiting times”.
- 1 practicing physician, plus 1 nurse practitioner on staff
- Office located in Orange
- Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM, and Wednesday from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Has a goal to offer appointments to sick children on the same day, or at least within 24 hours.
- Recently joined the CHOC (Children’s Health of Orange County) Network.
Dr. Allevato is a highly rated, highly praised doctor who has run her clinic since 1993. With countless 5 star ratings across several different online sources, she is most frequently thanked for her authenticity, and genuine desire to help others. She is recognized for her clean and well-run office and friendly staff. Most clients would be happy to refer her to friends and other loved ones, thanks to their positive experiences.
- 4 practicing physicians
- Office located in Costa Mesa
- Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM
- No additional after-hour care provided
- Part of the CHOC network
Reviews for this pediatric center average between 4 and 5 stars continuously. Praises of this clinic include the availability of doctors, how skilled the doctors are at ensuring that children feel comfortable, and the overall experience had when at the center.
- 23 practice physicians across all offices
- Offices located in Newport Beach, Laguna Niguel, Ladera Ranch, Irvine, Laguna Hills, Los Angeles
- Hours vary per office. See details of individual office hours here.
- Has earned national acclaim for its comprehensive approach to children’s care
- The website provides detailed information about specific offices, hours, doctors, and parking for each respective facility.
- In the case of emergency, there is phone call capability overnight
- Sick kids are seen on the same day
Due to the 6 locations that fall under the umbrella of Coastal Kids Pediatrics, it’s complicated to summarize all of the testimonials for each experience. For reviews and testimonials, click here. It may be important to you to note that Coastal Kids Pediatrics is not affiliated with CHOC.
When it comes to choosing which pediatric care center is right for your family, there is no such thing as too many questions. As a parent, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are equipped with all knowledge that you may need to be an educated decision. And remember, if you make a choice that doesn’t end up being the right one, it is never too late to change your mind and select something new. I tried a few before we found the right fit so don’t feel like you are being “too picky”. Go with your gut. I also have information on finding your pediatrician at OC Children’s Medical Group too if you want even more pediatric care to check into.
If you are pregnant and still looking for OB care, check out my blog post on the Top Rate Doctors at OCWMG (Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group). Or, if you are considering going with a midwife, you can also find information about Midwives in Orange County. I hope you find this info helpful.