Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group
Whether it is your first baby or your first Well-Woman Exam, the thought of going to an OB-GYN office can be intimidating for any woman, no matter her stage of life. This is why women should have access to medical groups that see the value in making a woman feel seen, understood, and valued.
If you are looking for such an office to attend, you are in the right place! I personally have chosen The Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group (OCWMG) for my OB needs including birthing both of my beautiful babies. They are a unique, patient-centered practice that is built on all of the fundamental characteristics that an OB-GYN office should possess and I thought it would be helpful to review some of those elements here on my blog so you have up-to-date information all in one place.
In this article, we are going to explore all of the factors that make the OCWMG a wonderful place for clients, including information about their mission, vision, and values, locations, facility partnerships, unique qualities that set this group apart, top-rated physicians, services, and you’ll hear from some actual patients and their reviews.
Let’s learn about the OCWMG!
The OCWMG Mission
The OCWMG mission statement is “…to enhance the health and wellness of women of all ages through advanced, comprehensive, and compassionate care”.
Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group strives to do this through quality-focused patient care, medical decisions made with integrity, leadership and innovation, sensitivity and compassion, education, and community involvement.
Locations of Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group
The group of physicians and staff takes pride in its accessibility to women, which explains why its services are available in 7 locations. These locations are:
- Laguna Hills
- San Clemente
- Foothill Ranch
- Mission Viejo
Facility Partnerships and Certifications of OCWMG
Anytime you are considering a new healthcare facility for your family or yourself, it is always important to check for credentials. Credentials validate that those you are looking to for healthcare advice, and capable and qualified to give it safely.
Available directly on the website, the following list of agencies endorses Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group:
- American Board of Obstetrics and Pediatrics
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- S. Women’s Alliance
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- American Midwifery Certification Board
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives
What sets the OCWMG apart?
The OCWMG holds itself to a high standard across the board, which is why they go above and beyond to ensure ALL females have a positive, validating experience. One way that they do this is through their powerful, multicultural team that can serve women of all different backgrounds, and in all of the following languages:
OCWMG Physicians Poll (Who is who!?)
Physicians at OCWMG are noted in the OB-GYN community as leaders in their craft… spearheading the way with their passions for attaining new medical knowledge. Due to this, they take an active role in the community as educators in the field.
Aside from being academic figureheads, the OCWMG attracts physicians who are genuinely passionate about helping their patients. This means that they use their immense knowledge to better the lives of the women who come to see them, making it a productive experience for all.
In a recent poll asked of a South Orange County Mom’s Group, past patients of the OCWMG voted on their top physicians. Out of 20 physicians, the top-ranked were:
Kenneth A. James (M.D.)
A board-certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist that specialized in low and high-risk obstetrics. His extensive knowledge of pregnancy-related issues is very beneficial to those impacted by hypertensive disorders, diabetes, preterm labor, and diabetes.
Heidi Cough (M.D., F.A.C.O.G.)
This Orange County native gives back to her community through her passion for educating women. She is interested in general obstetrics, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, contraception, health maintenance, and adolescent medicine. She also delivered my firstborn and she is quite a cheerleader in the delivery room. I was scared to have another doc deliver my baby but my anxiety immediately was relieved in her capable hands.
Kerry Price (M.D., F.A.C.O.G.)
Dr. Price is passionate about treating patients like family. She is interested in complicated and uncomplicated obstetrics, contraception and preconception counseling, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, sexual health, and teen gynecology.
Ann Marie Raffo (M.D., F.A.C.O.G.)
A personal favorite of mine because she not only saved my sister in laws life during childbirth but she also has been with me through my two pregnancies and 7 years of care. She takes time to listen and makes sure you feel seen and heard. No question is off-limits. She will answer them all. To quote her, “The close relationships I have formed with many of my patients bring me great satisfaction. As we journey through life’s experiences together, it is gratifying to play a role in women’s healthcare. Being a mother and a wife helps me relate to many of the issues my patients face.”
Susan A. Mendelsohn (M.D., F.A.C.O.G.)
Dr. Mendelsohn finds value in comfortable, reliable care from female providers to female clients, as she helps to ease her patients through the transitions of life. Her interests include advanced laparoscopic surgery, including hysterectomy and myomectomy. She treated me when I was in the hospital after being in a fender-bender while 37 weeks pregnant. She was awesome. I highly recommend her.
Angelika Priestley (M.D., F.A.C.O.G)
Dr. Priestley’s passion for supporting women through the most significant parts of their lives has led to her interest in promoting natural childbirth and restoring health with minimally invasive practices.
What services are offered at Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group?
The OCWMG offers a HUGE amount of services! Listed below are the general topics that are offered, along with a brief description of what each topic entails. Please note that these descriptions describe some of the services included, but not all.
- Obstetrical Care – Obstetrical Care services include diagnostic testing, gynecological care, minimally invasive surgery, obstetrical care, operative procedures, preventative care, and vein treatment (sclerotherapy).
- Midwifery – Midwifery services in the OC can be difficult to come by, making those available at Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group all the more valuable. At OCWMG, certified nurse-midwives can provide an array of professional healthcare services, including gynecological exams and menopausal management. It is so special to find a midwifery team also within such a large group of physicians too. If you want more info on Top Orange County Midwives, be sure to check out my blog on the topic here.
- Gynecological Care – In addition to all that is included under “Obstetric Care”. Gynecological care includes annual wellness exams, family planning/contraceptive counseling, menopausal care, gynecological conditions, and one-day wellness programs.
- Preventative Care – Preventative care refers to the following services: breast exams, colorectal exams, comprehensive blood panels, HPV screening and vaccine administration, Pap tests, pelvic exams, and STD screenings.
- Diagnostic Testing – Diagnostic testing refers to lab screenings, which are completed at in-house phlebotomy labs in 3 of the locations (Laguna Hills, Talega, and Irvine), which are connected to full-service clinical laboratories.
- Operative Procedures – Click here for a full list of operative procedures performed at OCWMG.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery – Minimally invasive surgeries feature laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery.
- Mona Lisa Touch – A non-surgical, in-office procedure that lessens the negative impacts of the hormonal changes in the body that are typically brought on by menopause.
- Nutrition – Because OCWMG uses a comprehensive approach to women’s health, they consider nutrition. They offer nutritional counseling and weight loss programs.
Reviews of OCWMG
Based on over 21,000 ratings, the Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group ranks overwhelmingly high. Scoring a 95.8% satisfaction rate, they have earned over 18,000 5 star reviews. They average a score of 4.79 stars out of 5 (see rating results here).
The OCWMG continues to prove itself time and time again, with clients leaving reviews like the following:
“One of the benefits I appreciated the most about their office is their online portal. I could email with non-emergency questions anytime and would get a response within 24-48 hours. As a first-time mom expecting IVF twins, I needed peace of mind… “
“ …I recently had my baby and I just can’t be thankful enough to the whole midwife group, they all were so helpful in my last trimester, really listening to my needs as an overwhelmed mom to be, making me feel special in a holistic approach- which I appreciate so much..”
“I’ve never felt so cared for by a group of doctors. This practice really does it right.”
“I can’t say enough great things about Orange Coast Women’s Medical group. The nurses are great and the office staff is great. Dr. O’Toole is amazing – so kind, caring, and responds very quickly to any messages sent through the portal. I was lucky to have her there for the delivery of my first baby as well.”
“I love this practice. I have been coming here for many years and every doctor is so professional but also so very friendly. They really have top-notch physicians here. I have seen a different doctor for my annual for the last few years just depending on who’s available and what best fits my schedule (my choice), and they have all been great. They make you feel so comfortable. Today I went for my annual and it was a chilly morning. I appreciated they actually had a space heater in the room. I have never had any kind of billing issue either which is very important. The front desk has their sh*t together in other words. It’s in a hospital and parking sometimes takes a bit to find so plan on getting there early.”
Whether or not the Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group is the right match for you can only be determined through personal research. However, thanks to the inspiring mission statement, accessible locations, trusting partnerships, diverse staff, incomparable physicians, the variety of services offered, and the PASSION for helping women, the OCWMG is worth checking out.
And, don’t forget, if you are pregnant and want to book your Maternity, Newborn, or Fresh48, get in touch with me today! It is never too early to book and I will be happy to be a part of your adventure to meet your new bundle of love!